VAT accountant expertise for your business
Value-added tax (VAT) is a notoriously complicated area of tax, so having support from a trained VAT accountant will really make a difference.
Many VAT compliance enquiries end up hotly debated at a tribunal, so unless you’re a tax expert (like us), it can be difficult to get right.
So if you need an accountant to help you file your VAT returns, explain the government gateway, and get set up with an accounting scheme that works for you, we’re the right team for the job.
Stay VAT compliant
As VAT accountant and compliance professionals, we know how to keep you compliant while ensuring you don’t pay more than you need to.
It’s not always clear whether or not you should register for VAT, so we can help you with that, too.
If you’re considering registering voluntarily for VAT, we’ll talk you through the pros and cons so you can make a well-informed decision. We can handle registration on your behalf, ensuring you meet all your obligations to HMRC.
VAT — what to know
As a VAT-registered business, you must:
- include VAT in the price of all goods and services at the correct rate
- keep records of how much VAT you pay for things you buy for your business
- account for VAT on any goods you import into the UK
- report the amount of VAT you charged your customers and the amount of VAT you paid to other businesses by sending a VAT return HMRC — usually every 3 months
- pay any VAT you owe to HMRC
Unsure when to charge VAT? There are three VAT rates to be aware of:
- a standard flat rate of 20% for most goods and services
- a reduced rate of 5% for some goods and services like home energy
- A zero rate of 0% for zero-rated goods and services like food
These days, VAT-registered businesses need to keep records and file their VAT returns using HMRC-recognised software. We’ll set you up with top-notch cloud accounting software so you can comply with Making Tax Digital for VAT rules and improve your financial systems in one go.
Our VAT accountant team can offer expert advice and help with:
- getting a VAT registration number using your online account
- VAT planning and administration
- choosing the right VAT scheme — depending on the scheme, returns are expected monthly, quarterly or annually
- VAT control and reconciliation
- VAT returns
- sending your first VAT payment
With our expert advice and support, managing your VAT responsibilities will be significantly easier and take up less of your valuable time, giving you complete peace of mind.
Get in touch with our expert VAT accountant team today for tailored advice on your VAT problems.
Give us a call